- Precise Japan Quartz Movement – Accuracy: +/-20 seconds per month
- Stainless Steel Case and Band, Adjustable Slide Clasp
- Day, Date, Year, Chronograph, and Daily Alarm Functions
- Size of case / total weight: 37.5 x 33.5 x 9.5mm / 58g for Men’s
- Size of case / total weight: 24.0 x 24.5 x 7.5mm / 36g for Women’s
In 1983, Casio launched the shock-resistant G-SHOCK watch. This product shattered the notion that a watch is a fragile piece of jewelry that needs to be handled with care, and was the result of Casio engineers taking on the challenge of creating the world’s toughest watch. Using a triple-protection design for the parts, module, and case, the G-SHOCK offered a radical new type of watch that was unaffected by strong impacts or shaking. Its practicality was immediately recognized, and its unique look, which embodied its functionality, became wildly popular, resulting in explosive sales in the early 1990s. The G-SHOCK soon adopted various new sensors, solar-powered radio-controlled technology (described below), and new materials for even better durability. By always employing the latest technology, and continuing to transcend conventional thinking about the watch, the G-SHOCK brand has become Casio’s flagship timepiece product.
casio watch a158wa-1